Sunday, May 14, 2006

Here, Here!

Ricky was up early on Mother's Day. He'd thought ahead and bought bake and eat cinnamon rolls for the kids' breakfast. He and The Little One had been up since 7:30 but I wouldn't know it until 10:30 when I woke up on my own. The Little One, who can reach and operate doorknobs now, made a timely entrance. Ricky was hot on her trail, "N-no! Mommy is sleeping!"
I was awake but still wallering around.

The Middle One entered, a close third, and helped The Little One up onto the very tall bed.

"Mah-ma?!" The Little One said patting my arm.

"She's been asking for you all morning." Ricky added.

A pile Mother's Day cards were on my bedside table. Ricky is the best card-picker--ever.

The Middle One had planted a styro-foam cup with marigolds at school, offering it up with pride after carefully gift wrapping the container in a decorated brown lunch sack. The plants were accompanied by two very thoughtful Mother's Day writing projects from school. She's such a funny girl.

The night before, Ricky and The Middle One twisted their sniffers into knots at every Dillard's perfume counter to find just teh one they thought I'd like.

Later that day, we all ate not-so-great Chinese together. I loved it.

That evening, The Big One brushed my hair (one of my favorite things) for about an hour.

I was hugged and kissed throughout the day.

Two-dozen roses are still blooming in the kitchen. White from Ricky and a multi-colored, warm mix of red, yellow, fuchia, and orange from The Middle One.

My husband Ricky and those girls are really something. I simply cannot say enough about them.

No comments: